Apart from being the IT hub of the country, there are quite a few interesting things that Bangalore has to offer. If you love the smell of adventure and if trekking is your thing, then Bangalore is possibly one of the best places in India for you. Trekking trips are organized almost of a daily basis, in various places near Bangalore, which you can easily take part in!
So, are you interested in trying out a few trekking events yourself? Well, then here is a list from where you can choose the one that you would want to attend:
- Kudremukh Trek and Village Stay: Located in the Chikmagalur district of the state of Karnantaka, the Kudremukh National Park is one of the best places to trek. There are three main rivers, namely Tunga, Nethravati and Bhadra in this region. This trek will lead you to the point of origin of these rivers. This trek offers a medium terrain for trekking and the maximum elevation that you will have to climb is 6214ft. organized by Adventure Junkie you will have to leave from their office at 22:30 and it will cover a period of two days.
Date: 21st Jan- 22nd Jan, 2016
Cost: Rs.2950/- only
- A walk down Toda Lane: When it comes to trekking near Bangalore, another great option that you can try out is this walk organized by Make it Happen. This walk involves hiking about in Coonoor in order to visit the various Toda villages in this region. The Toda tribes are particularly very famous since their exact lineage still lies in question. Not only will you thus get to explore the terrain of this region but you can learn a lot about the Toda tribe’s life and activities over these two days.
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 7:00AM – Sun, 29 Jan 2017 4:00PM
Cost: Rs 4700/- only
- Sharavathi Valley – Camping & Trekking to Waterfall: Wildxcapes organizes this lovely trek in the outskirts of Bangalore. The major attraction of this place are the waters that combine together to form Sharavathi. Camping and trekking in this area is a nice way to spend some time in nature and enjoy its beauty.
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 9:00PM – Sun, 5 Feb 2017 10:00PM
Cost: Rs 2650
- Chadar Frozen River Trek 2017: Here is another great trek that you can enjoy with Wildxcapes. It is a rather long trek but surely it is worthwhile. You will be able to trek the river Zanskar which becomes completely frozen during the winters. It is a moderately difficult trek and you should carry all the necessary woollens for this one.
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 8:00AM – Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:00PM
Cost: Rs 21000
- Heavenly Wayanad : Trip to God’s Own Country: CrazyYatra organizes this wonderful trip to Wayanad, a beautiful little corner in Kerala. It is the perfect way to spend a nice weekend away from the busy city.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 9:00PM – Sun, 29 Jan 2017 8:00PM
Cost: Rs 1950
So these are some exciting treks and trips lined up for you that you can avail in the outskirts of Bangalore. Take your pick today!